Thursday, February 11, 2010

CNY Valentines Cheer.

Its that time of year. CNY and VDay all rolled into one. Yee Sang plus flowers and choccies... ah the sweet smell of food and dessert on a decadent day. Last year to receive Ang Pow before I have to give them out. Sigh happy memories of yesteryear are here. I miss the smell of the new paper notes, the lovely patterned red packets usually with cartoons or the animal of the year - tigger it is this year... Gong Hei Fatt Choi cheer. Mmmm...brings back delightful memories of one of my favourite childhood days along with christmas.

Hm everything went relatively smoothly. CNY reunion dinner was ok... not the best food but ok. It was entertaining to say the least. The day itself was awesome as well. Woke up to some delightful ang pows and smells of yummy food, had dinner cooked by him of chicken rice!! it was awesome I love it! The best bit has got to be the soup from the steamed chicken - its so intense and fragrant and delicious tasting. Wow I know how I want my soup to taste from now on - rich and full and intense flavours. Had to go back to work on the second day which was a downer. SIGH. Been having a terrible time getting pineappled.

Oh and I'm currently pissed off at alan again. Its a long story which I will not go into detail about. SIGH. Just get my buttons pushed in all the time and I do it back so its like a vicious cycle I'm possibly not getting out of. I can't sleep so I'm writing this post and my stomach aches. I had a nap for about an hour before my stomach ache woke me up with sweat beads all over. I have no idea whats going on but it must be the cramps punishing me for drinking the frozen coke rasberry mix at the movies. I watched 72 tenants of prosperity which was an awesome laugh - one I hadn't had at the movies in a long time. A pleasant surprise considering I didn't really expect anything from it. Usually CNY ones are just a little barrel of laughs with not much else. But it was a pleasant surprise. Quite full too the cinema of fobs... and the token kwai lo. HAHA. HAPPY CNY!

No comments: